[Ansteorra] Flags for Flag waving: Thinking Ahead

Ronnie Hodges womrn at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:09:04 PDT 2008

Love flags.  A caution for smart flaggers at events.  Please remember that animals, whether small or large, that are unfamiliar with flags may panic-bolt or suffer trembling trauma from the sudden sursurating and snapping, and the floppy, flippy, flapping.  Please plan your eventing to be aware that, and to let anyone bringing animals know, there will be flags; and all, be courteous about avoiding any interplay that could have an adverse result, so that adverse doesn't instantly escalate to dangerous or painful.  We wouldn't need rules or laws if we all exercise, encourage and expect good sense.
Ronnie.