[Ansteorra] Nordsteorra

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:47:21 PDT 2008

Elizabeth,

Unfortunately, such talk as yout port has always, and I mean "always!"
been the ignition factor for extremely caustic, violent and nasty
turns in the discussion of principality. Not only is is crossroad's
keep at the extreme edge of any potential political rezoning, their is
absolutely no certainty that Bonwick, Brad leah, Namron or Wiesenfeuer
would even cooperate with this idea. More to the point, some
individuels in these groups consider such ambitions to be an affront
to their and their group.

I will not take sides on this issue, and I have exceptional reasons to
support a number of opinions, but actively keep my opinions to myself.

Any talk of succession from Ansteorra will have overwhelming negative
effects, and will alienate and vilify many people necessary to simply
keep the north running as it is, never mind the fact that the people
who's support we would absolutely require were we to become a
principality or a kingdom.

Regardless of what each of us believe, the issue at hand for the
moment is that of principality, and the CONSTRUCTIVE reasons for
pursuing that option. Framing this conversation as any sort of
corrective action for a wrong on the part of the kingdom (real or
perceived) is not only a death sentence for the concept of
principality, but an astonishingly efficient way to hurt other people
in the north.

Please remember, while you have your own opinions about the kingdom
and its administration, and they are not unique, they are also not
held by a majority of the people of the north. Nothing will be
accomplished is this movement is characterized by anger, resentment,
hostility or discontent. Even if we were to miraculously be granted
kingdom status tomorrow,  the culture that still exists in the state
of Oklahoma would still require the support and attendance of the
better part of the SCA population in Texas until their is sufficient
time for the social changes to take place at their own pacing.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Elizabeth Blackthorne
<eblackthorne at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the point of a perpetual principality, why not go all the way?  I
>  would be in support of all the way and am willing to bet Crossrode Keep's
>  zipcodes would join with the North.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra