[Ansteorra] History

Donald Lewing richard_fitz_hervy at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 21:51:50 PDT 2008

I too, disagree. What I think they are recalling is
the sense of community, even of family that is sadly
lacking today. I think that lack is one of the main
reasons that caused the disillusion of the western
region and several groups. I also think that we all
are chasing the same dream, but in different ways.
There is not a "paint brush", we all try to show
newcomers all of the many aspects of this society that
can be participated in so that they can choose their
own way to be a part of The Dream. But if everybody is
interacting mainly online with each other, working on
their own projects, and maybe going to just a few
events, then there is no sense of family. The internet
is great for research, quick communication, even
discussion of various topics when we aren't together.
It shouldn't be the main method of interaction,
though. We should be helping each other, sharing our
mutual interests,  all by personal interaction...with
all of the members of your local group and the rest of
our Society. The "older" members should help newcomers
to find their place in the Society-their own "dream"
within The Dream. The telling of tales of the "old
days" is but one way to do that.
My humble opinion...

Ld Richard fitzHervy

My Cup Runneth Amuck...