[Ansteorra] History

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 14:09:54 PDT 2008

> of the final 5, there were two kite shields, two heaters, and
> 2'x3' rectangle. Not really what *I* think of when I think of
> Old School Ansteorra Fightin' (TM).
> JP

Heh, but it actually is what I think of. I have pictures from Crown '88
where the 3 finalists used a modified coffin-lid, a heater shield and a
2x3 scutum. I also think of Inman with a spear and Hector with a great
sword, Simonn florentine and Mikael of Monmouthshire putting whichever
foot forward he felt like at the time... Only in the myths of history
did every great fighter from 20 years ago stand the same and use a 2x3
square...

~ Kat M.
(whose knight used to use a kite shield very effectively - no Hildy I'm
not callin' ya old!)