[Ansteorra] Stray dog

Lori Campbell countesskat at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 08:28:00 PDT 2008

Kionna, it sounds like you're giving him great care. Food, shelter and
wound cleaning are his most important needs.

I haven't seen it said yet, but if you can clip any hair around the
wound it will help it stay cleaner. Also, I would suggest switching
from peroxide to Betadine (or any 10% povodone-iodine) for your
cleansing antibacterial solution. It isn't as harsh to regenerating
tissue, kills a wider range of bugs, and - most importantly - it
doesn't sting. :)

If you see any sign of active infection you'll really need a vet to
prescribe an oral antibiotic. A round of amoxicillin (or something
similar) doesn't cost much and will go a long way to allow faster
healing.

Wiesenfeuer