[Ansteorra] Stray dog

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 11:43:29 PDT 2008

> I haven't seen it said yet, but if you can clip any hair
> around the wound it will help it stay cleaner. Also, I would
> suggest switching from peroxide to Betadine (or any 10%
> povodone-iodine) for your cleansing antibacterial solution.
> It isn't as harsh to regenerating tissue, kills a wider range
> of bugs, and - most importantly - it doesn't sting. :)
>
> If you see any sign of active infection you'll really need a
> vet to prescribe an oral antibiotic. A round of amoxicillin
> (or something
> similar) doesn't cost much and will go a long way to allow
> faster healing.
>
> Kat M. >^.,.^<
> Wiesenfeuer

Dissenting opinion, but primarily on ONE aspect -- Betadine **stings**
some people / creatures (I'd almost rather have had iodine or
merthiolate used, the one time it particularly mattered to me -- and,
yes, I am of an age to know what those sting like when applied to
abrasions and small cuts...)

(Hi, Kat!)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/