[Ansteorra] Stray dog

Angela Scott silvrbnd at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 17:22:09 PDT 2008

When my dogs have wounds we put tea tree oil on it. it heals the wounds and tastes bad enough the dogs won't lick it.

  Julianna of Bonwicke

  Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 12:20:17 +0000
From: Kionna Peebles
Subject: [Ansteorra] Stray dog

We have a large stray dog that's been hanging around the house for a couple of weeks that we've taken to feeding when he's here, show up on our porch yesterday, apparently having been hit by a car. He has a 1 inch long by about 1/2 or so deep gash on his front leg. Lots of swelling from the joint down to his paw, but he can walk on it and even run so I'm assuming it's not broken. He has a few other small gashes on his nose and his front shoulder area, but seems to be ok other than that.
We're hoping he doesn't have any internal injuries, but he's eating and we've seen him go to the bathroom so we're hoping it's not that severe. Anyway Orion and I want to help him out as much as possible so, atm we've stuck him in the backyard giving him plenty of food and water... since you can see every damn bone on this dog (hates it when animals are neglected)... but, now we need to know the best way to keep his wound clean so it'll heal and minimize infection. If anyone is a vet or knows one that wouldn't mind sharing some information it would be much appreciated. If they don't want to post to the list and would rather call ... my cell phone # is 405-219-1424 and mundanely my name is Kionna.
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_052008