[Ansteorra] Fwd: RE: History

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 8 18:55:26 PDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 2:25 PM, an angel in black ink wrote:

>  Please forgive the harsh words I used earlier for I am rather
> stressed.  You see, my great
>   grandmother died sunday at the ripe old age of 103 and I just
> found out.

My condolences.

> I didn't mean to
>   ruffle any feathers.  I seek not words to topple an empire, but
> an empire to topple my words,
>   if you will.

Uh oh. I missed the first part of this thread. I guess I'll have to
find some time to go back and look.

>   I agree with many of you and disagree with many of you as well
> and the main argument that
>   I insist on holding is that it doesn't matter what your Dream is,
> only that we each seek to
>   help each other find said Dream.  I didn't mean to start a huge
> roll on the other boards about
>   the maening of the Dream either, but hey...I guess a discussion
> on what it means is a start.

This has been a reoccurring discussion through the years.

For those interested in what I consider some of the best commentary
on this from various viewpoints, see these files in the SCA-SOCIOLOGY
section of the Florilegium:
Fndng-T-Dream-art  (7K)  5/27/00    "Finding The Dream" by Colin of
Tighan.
magic-moments-msg (41K)  2/ 3/00    "Magic moments" experienced in
the SCA.
SCA-The-Dream-msg (50K)  1/11/96    What the SCA means for different
people.
The-Blow-art       (8K)  9/ 1/00    "The Blow Which Did Not Fall"
                                        by HL William McNaughton.

>   I'm willing to help in any way I can but I may not be the huge
> force behind this just yet due to the sinking economy and the new
> bundle of joy I'm getting used to camping with still.  I look
> forward to bringing some foolery to the list fields of Warlord with
> you all this year...

Perhaps these files in the CHILDREN section of the Florilegium might
be of use to you or others who aren't used to camping with babies.
There are some specific hazards and things to be aware of.
babies-msg       (118K)  1/14/08    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.

>   In service to EVERYONE's Dream,
>   Lady Yu Xue XianXian

Perhaps I'll see you at Steppes Warlord. My bundle of joy has a lot
more hair, but he doesn't need diapers, either. :-)
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com