[Ansteorra] I know every "Viking" persona is going to want one

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri May 23 06:07:47 PDT 2008

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> How much is in the Longship Company's ship fund? Or perhaps Don
> Shamino needs a "small" boat for Lake Austin?
> From another list:
> http://www.hugohein.com/other/islandinger/specs.isl.htm

Is anyone else amused by these items in the description?

Engines
    Engine(s): Twin

Tankage
    Fuel: Diesel

Please be advised, there are no sops to 'modern times' here. 'Islendinger' is not a toy, nor is anything simulated; it is as real as it gets. Well-equipped for oar or sail, 'Islendinger' (Icelander) is ready for that re-enactment, cinematic, Scandinavian, or museum group that is TRULY looking for the real thing!