[Ansteorra] Award Insignia Needed and Upcoming Insignia Competition at Coronation

Lightfootcim at aol.com Lightfootcim at aol.com
Tue May 27 20:08:17 PDT 2008

Unto the Ansteorran Artisans and Populace, Greetings!

Have you ever wondered where those nifty trinkets that you get with awards
come from?  Have you ever marveled as you or someone you know has gotten an
award with a neat medallion, band or cord and wondered who made that special
gift to go along with said award?  Well, my fellow artisans, the answer is
right in front of your nose (if you were standing in front of a mirror) --  YOU!!!!

I send this missive as I have become aware of a need for award insignia in
the Kingdom.  Metalworkers, Weavers, Woodworkers, Artisans of all Kinds, I
need your help.  The kingdom is in need of the following:

As soon as possible:

Compass Rose medallions
Arc d'Or bracers
Baronial coronets (super simple, typically a simple brass band that ties in
the back)

What we need more of:

King's Archers
Any of the medallion insignia (Thistles, Comets, Cranes, Talons, Rising
Stars)

To help *ahem* stimulate insignia making, I would like to announce the
following:

THERE WILL BE AN INSIGNIA CONTEST AT CORONATION!!!!!!

The contest will be broken down into two categories: Quantity and  Quality.
That is to say, who can make the most insignia and who makes the  best
insignia!

To persuade artisans there will be a wonderful prize awarded to both
winners! (We still have to figure out what the prizes are, but trust me they  will be
WONDERFUL!

I would like to thank Countess Sara Penrose for bringing this to my
attention and asking me to co-sponsor the contest at Coronation.

If you have any questions, or need ideas, please feel free to visit the
insignia website at _http://scribe.ansteorra.org/insignia.html_
(http://scribe.ansteorra.org/insignia.html)  or  you can email me at _lightfootcim at aol.com_
(mailto:lightfootcim at aol.com)

In Service,