[Ansteorra] Stargate 35th Anniversary Celebration

Jennifer Dudley jen at clancircle.com
Wed Nov 12 09:20:13 PST 2008

Please join the Barony of Stargate as we celebrate our *35th Anniversary* at
Stargate Yule on December 6, 2008.
http://stargate.ansteorra.org/yule08.shtml

The event will be located at:
St. Christopher's Episcopal Church
1656 Blalock Road Houston, Texas 77080-7321
>From I-10 take Blalock Rd north. Site is on the right between Long Point and
Campbell.
Site opens on Saturday, December 6th at 8:00 am and closes at 11pm.

The* A&S Competition* will be a body of work with one piece submitted for
judging.
The *Bardic competition* will be similar to last year's: the first two
rounds will be bard's choice in different styles of singing, storytelling or
poetry. The final round will be judges' choice from three pieces that the
bards provide.

*Classes:*  There are several classes being offered during the day.
Master Galenus Ockhamnesis will be teaching "Modern Time, Medieval Methods,"
a class on telling time with period equipment.
Paraic of Killkenny will be teaching a class on some aspect of Toxophilitic
Craftsmanship.
Baroness Katya will be teaching a class on felting.
Alisone McCay will be teaching a class on Heraldic Achievements.
Alwyn Holbrook will be teaching classes on beginner bobbin lacing and how to
crotchet a snood.

*Feast*:  Feast is going to be Amazing!  You do *NOT* want to miss this
feast.  It is limited to 100 so please send your reservation to
yule at clancircle.com or to me at jen at clancircle.com

Course 1: Soup, Bread, Cheese Goo

Course 2: Salad, Meat pie

Course 3: Chicken, Beef, Fall vegetables

Course 4: Bread pudding and bourbon sauce.

*Toys for Tots:*

Stargate Yule is having a Toys for Tots raffle.  A wonderful prize  has been
donated for this event.  Duchess Julia has generously donated a beautiful
chest.  We have requested the presence of the Marines as usual so that they
can accept the toys at the event.

This is the last event of the year that we will be doing a Toys for Tots
raffle and we would like to give the Marines as many toys as possible.
 Please bring a new or gently used toy and you will receive a raffle ticket.

*Site fee*: $10 ($5 age 5-12; no charge under 5 yrs); $30 Family max. *
Feast:* $8. Make checks payable to SCA Inc., Barony of Stargate. Site Fee $8
with proof of membership. Non-member fee $3. Children 6-12: $5; 5 and under:
free; family max: $24. Feast is $7; children 5 and under: free. Feast is
limited, so make reservations with the Feast Steward soon.  Make checks
payable to: SCA Inc./Barony of Stargate.
ACCEPS<http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php> is
available. Non-members $3 additional surcharge.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also
attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver form from the parents. Service animals only. Site is wet in period
containers. Merchants are welcome, please see the website for details.

For any additional information, please visit the website at
http://stargate.ansteorra.org/yule08.shtml

YIS
Lady Brenna MacDonald
Event Steward