[Ansteorra] MOC requests at BAM

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Nov 24 08:06:07 PST 2008

Debora,

I have recently acquired a book that may help you in this area. It is
"Inside Bruegel: The Play of Images in 'Children's Games'", by Edward
Snow. It is an analysis of the 1560 painting by Bruegel the Elder. While
the book spends most of it's time discussing the imagery in that
painting, the painting itself shows hundreds of children engaged in
scores of playful activities, and a lot can be gleaned from it that is
useful to the MoC, and the period gaming researcher.

I got this book for the same reason that you got these questions: to
help the MoC come up with more varied, and period activities for the
children.

I'll carry the book with me, in case we meet at an upcoming event, for
you to take a look at.

Your fellow game enthusiast to the north,

Duncan Hepburn