[Ansteorra] MOC requests at BAM

deboramarzec at aol.com deboramarzec at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 08:58:06 PST 2008

Thanks Duncan.

I would love to look at your new book. I'm not doing much eventing this winter,?but will probably be at Candlemas. Want to plan an information swop then?

I too have used the Bruegel painting which is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in period life, as not all the games are neccessarily being played by children. Adults also enjoyed what we might nowadays consider 'playground games'.?I have also used?the painting by Marten van Cleve, the series of games at the base of a Flemish calendar, copper engravings by Stella, Orbis pictus, woodcuts, illuminated manuscripts etc. etc.

Debora.