[Ansteorra] Champions for Children

rizardo dartusio rizardodartusio at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 16:34:03 PST 2008

I invite all, who are in search of a weekend of fun to attend Trelac's "Champions for Children" event in downtown San Angelo, Dec 6.  This is the second year for an event that wowed the Merchants and mundanes so much that they asked us to put it on several times a year. (We declined).  But, they have rolled out the red carpet for the SCA, and you're sure to feel welcomed not only by Trelac but by San Angelo as well.

This year, in addition to the chivalric and rapier demos and tournament, there will be a fashion show.  Both the tournaments and the fashion show will have wonderful prizes.  The prize for the Fashion show is a beautiful watch with silver band and inlaid crystals that has been graciously donated by the famous Trelac clothier, Jacques Penne (mka J.C. Penny).

Of course there will also be music, dance and a free revel afterward, but if that is not enough, come enjoy the hospitality and other festivities that San Angelo has to offer that weekend.  This is the weekend that Historic Fort Concho puts on "Christmas at Ft. Concho" an event that attracts a throng of merchants and rein-actors to the Fort.  Don't miss this chance to visit another historical gathering while helping out the SCA.  You can check their event at:  http://www.fortconcho.com/caofc.htm

While we are filling up fast, there is still some free lodging and meals to be had.  Please contact me off list if you need more information or I can arrange lodging for you.  Please check out our website for this event at:
http://trelac.ansteorra.org/Demo/Index.html  .

In Service
Rizardo d'Artusio, Hospitaler of Trelac

P.S.  This event is free, but we do ask that you bring a toy for the "Toys for Tot" drive that will be part of our event.