[Ansteorra] Something totally different - Banners

Emma Haldan emma.haldan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:12:56 PDT 2008

At the risk of nagging....

Could we get the Regional War Banners commissioned by Duke Mahdi found? The
original intent was to have them be part of regalia, with a ceremony where
they were handed out to the War Generals as they took the office, something
modeled on a 9th century fielty ceremony. They were given, along with
t-shaped banner poles of prodigious height, to Baroness Chiara Francesca,
and were delivered to Gulf Wars, where I believe they were taken out for a
stroll. (No pictures were taken, and I couldn't attend the war.)

They're very pretty and striking, and a very, very large version of the
Kings Battle banner was made to match them, in the same fabrics, which we
understand was gotten safely to regalia, but hasn't been seen since. No
pictures of that, either.

I think the regional seneschals have the banners now, and I have on my List
of Things To Do This Weekend, to email Central Regional for General Sir
Hrafn to see if any repairs need to be made to ours.

Does anyone have any information as to their whereabouts? she asked
wistfully.....

Emma