[Ansteorra] Gas prices

davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Fri Sep 12 20:31:50 PDT 2008

-- Michelle Dodd <lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com> wrote:
>OHHH let me cry big fat crocodile tears for them. If their profit >margin is SO small they don't need to announce it.

They do need to announce it, as a publicly held company, they are required by law to do so.

> Nor do we need to be hearing that CEOs and CFOs are getting million >dollar bonuses besides their salaries, when we have to worry about if >we can afford to buy a tank of gas to go to work next week And go to >a movie on the weekend.

0.001% of the profit they made the corporation,  sort of like tipping your waiter a dollar on a meal for 5 people.

> If their margins are so small; their officers don't need to get bonuses.

They get bonuses because they made of profit instead of losing money.

>Mortgages are only supposed to be about 20% of your income. Your gas >bill shouldn't be 25%.
>Ly Gabriele

My fuel bill is about 1.5%, all my utilities combined is less than 7%.
If you are paying 25%, you might want to reexamine your lifestyle.

David Gallowglass