[Ansteorra] thick rattan

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:26:32 PDT 2009

Salut cozyns,

No, the Society Marshal's Handbook says only that the edges must be rounded. Most marshals take a common sense approach to the rounding: if it looks rounded, it's rounded. At a guess, for a big, mucking club, I'd say at least a 1/8" radius for the rounded edge (about like a typical pencil). In the instance Brian describes, I'm surprised the weapons weren't over the weight limit for single-handed weapons (five pounds, now, but I think it used to be six).

En Lyonel

Impedimentum via est (The obstacle is the path)