[Ansteorra] Needing fashion references

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 12:41:08 PDT 2009

Liaden,

I suggest this page to you to help you define what you mean by Medieval...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages

Look in the theater section of the library (theater does not always equal fake ;)
they usually have books on different periods of dress. (Around GT730 in Library of Congress Nomenclature)

Costume:1066 to Present  by John Peacock will give you an overview of those eras fashions in 25 year increments... but the drawback is there is no bibliography but maybe it would give you an ideas of how to present things. His Chronicle of Western Clothing might help also.

The Visual History of Costume series might help also... one is "A Visual History of Costume:The Fourteenth and Fifteenth Centuries" by Margaret Scott

In the Fabric area you might look at
The Cambridge History of Western Textiles by David Jenkins
or The World's History of Woven Fabrics series many are by Cyril Bunt

cheers,

L DeerSlayer