[Ansteorra] Foot Combat at Lysts of Castleton

robert segrest aumbob at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 16:13:53 PDT 2009

I realized that I have failed to get the appropriate information about the foot lyst at Castleton to the appropriate people.

We will be doing something a little different this year, aside from Caladin's great weapons melee, to wit:

The first portion of the Foot Lyst at Castleton will see the
fighters of the four great nations of Europe test their mettle against one
another.  Each fighter will declare him
or herself for one of these nations, the Germans, the Franks, the Celts or the
Latins.  For one hour each of these nations
will face each other nation on two tourney fields.  There will be scholars of great erudition and pragmatism to help those who may be unsure which of these nations they best belong too.

The Barrier:  There
will be two barriers, one for great weapons, and one for single sword.  Each nation will present its fighters to face
each other house at the barriers for a ten minute period.  Fighters will rotate at the barrier at their
own discretion.  Each fighter will be
awarded one point for each victory at the barrier.

The Champions Bearpit:  Each nation will form a line of fighters.  The first fighter from each nation will face
each other.  The victor will hold the
field, the vanquished will retire to the end of the line and the next fighter
from his or her nation will take the field.  If a fighter holds the field against all of the opposing fighters, he or
she will also retire.  One point will be
awarded for each victory, an additional point will be awarded for defeating the
entire side.  If sufficient fighters are
present we will add an additional bearpit.

Each nation will be paired with each other nation for ten
minutes on each field.

The fighter who accumulates the greatest number of points
during the day will be acknowledged as the champion of the list.  The nation that accumulates the greatest
number of points shall be judged to be the supreme fighting stock of Europe and
may walk the streets with a certain air of superiority.

Those who wish to make individual challenges are still free to do so, and their victories will still count toward the overall score.  Naturally, ladies and lords of the gallery are welcome to request fights that they want to see.  I hope that this will be a fun format for both the fighters and the galleries.

YIS

Lord Fatthiopap Laszlo