[Ansteorra] Candied Walnuts or Almonds - Sources?

Rose & Chad love at roseandchad.net
Sun Apr 26 13:08:08 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Does anyone know of any sources for recipes or information about candied walnuts or almonds (preferably walnuts)? I have seen them mentioned in several places, such as the Goode Cookery, but they are just referred to by name with no recipe or ingredient information. I am trying to find a historically accurate recipe.

My local library is pretty mediocre but I can get just about any book with the library exchange... but don't know where to look as far as books go, either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rose the Obnoxious
love at roseandchad.net

One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways. -Bertrand Russell