[Ansteorra] Jagermeister event near Seguin, Tx

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 11:17:10 PDT 2009

Giertrud, et all,
This weekend, Aug. 28-30th, the San Marcos group, known as Ffynnon Gath, will be hosting a local event in the Seguin area, at the Seguin Outdoor Learning Center.  Here is the website with further info, the event title is called Jagermeister.
http://ffynnon-gath.ansteorra.org/Jagermeister2009.htm

According to the website:  If this is your first ‘official’ SCA event (‘official’ defined as on-calendar event other than populace meeting, demo, etc.) the site fee will be waived, which means NO NMS fee will be charged.  However we will be taking donations J

So, this could be a great event to take your new campus friends from the college in Seguin to, to introduce them to the SCA, and before college gets really heavy on the studying.  It also appears there will be some newcomer format classes.   If your student friends have no SCA type costume, they can contact the autocrat and request some 'Loaner' Garb for the day (mostly T-Tunics).   if you stay for the dinner, plan to take some 'feast' gear (or paper plates/plastic will do), lunch menu sounds like 'finger food'.

Things to consider taking:  a mug, hat/umbrella (as there maybe limited shade), portable chair/stool, sunscreen

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade, Stargate (Houston)