[Ansteorra] Sad news

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 8 20:45:33 PST 2009

On Dec 7, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Karen French wrote:
>      I just found out that we are being transferred, and we are
> moving to Jacksonville, Florida. My husband told me right when I
> walked in the door after coming back from Yule. The news is just now
> really sinking in.  It has taken me until now to be able to write
> this message.  I am so bummed.  I hate starting over again. It is so
> hard to be a peer and a newcomer at the same time. I don't know yet
> when the move will take place, but I am sure that it will be within
> the next few month. I have made so many good friends here in
> Ansteorra, and I shall miss you all intensively.
>
> Caterina Fregoso

We're sorry to see you go. However, one of the advantages of being a
part of the SCA is the likelihood of finding new SCA friends wherever
you go. And your friends will still be here, just not as close
physically.

There will be differences in your new kingdom. Some for the good, some
not. Interkingdom anthropology can be an entire study in itself.

I would caution you to go there, and keep quiet for a while before
saying how much better things were done back here in Ansteorra. Even
if true, it doesn't help build good relationships with your new friends.

I suggest you also take a look at these two files in the NEWCOMERS
section of the Florilegium for some more helpful comments from folks
who have made similar moves.

Othr-Newcomrs-art (16K)  2/23/03  "The 'Other' Newcomers" by Lady
Wilhelmina
  Catharin de Rochelle. For SCA folks moving from one group to another.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Othr-Newcomrs-art.html
SCA-trans-msg     (18K)  1/ 4/96    How to handle the move from one
group to another. For the people in the group too.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/SCA-trans-msg.html

Hopefully you can settle in there quickly and make plans to attend
Gulf Wars since many of your friends will be there!

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com