[Ansteorra] Cheap footwear.

Tomas Niallagain siortomas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:17:20 PST 2009

Sorry you had problems with Bohemod's.  I love my boots, I still wear
my original set for fighting, resoled once and just now wearing out the
upper, I've had them for 9 years with a lot of wear. now I have a second
pair for dress , these are maybe 2.5 years old and I have revival's tall
boots when I really want to make a statement.  For shoes I have 2 pair, one
revival and 1 pair made for me for my vigil 3 years ago by Baron Daire of
Elfsea, both are soft soled but when I add in the wooden pattons my feet are
saved much misery when walking on rocks.
I would recommend people shop around, find what they like.  Try on shoes if
possible, but remember custom shoe makers make just that shoes customized to
your feet.  In my experience that has made the difference in the long run
over "off the shelf" foot wear, especially since I have narrow heals which
make "off the shelf" hard to fit just right.  Also most people have 1 foot
smaller that the other, modern shoe makers make up for this with the nice
soft cushions on the inside, yet another problem solved with custom made
footwear. Yes custom footwear is more expensive up front but the wear is
better (IMHO) and from the right cordwainer (maker of shoes--cobblers repair
shoes) they last longer. All of these things can make the cost average for
wear to be lower over the life of the footwear, but if you are looking for
cheap now and better later then try on the shoes check the fit yourself and
make sure you like the way they look.  Don't forget to do a little research
into the way your footwear should look for your persona so you will truly be
happy until the day you can get that custom pair.

Ever in service,

Tomas