[Ansteorra] easy clothes for Gulf War

Sonja Crocker sonja.crocker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 07:10:21 PST 2009

My persona is 850 CE Irish. So, I have lots of info on this as well. I can
be reached at sonja.crocker at gmail.com if anyone would like info on that time
or on the Vikings in Ireland at that time. My hubby is Viking. Here are some
websites to help.

http://www.caitlinsclothing.com/celticbritishpeplos.html
(has layouts, patterns and really great pictures of how the Peplos should
look)

http://www.albanach.org/leine.html
(This one is great for documentation, but doesn't really show the leine too
well)

http://housebarra.com/EP/ep04/15celtclothes.html
(Again, this one is better for documentation. It has a few drawings and it
covers the Irish clothing in a more generalized way.)

If you decide that Viking is more your style, here are some sites for that.

http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~capriest/qdirtyvk.html
(Quick and Dirty Viking Women's Clothing. It gives some really great ideas
for making an outfit quickly and pretty authentically.)

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/clothing.shtml
(Great info on garb and everything else Viking. This lady really knows her
stuff.)

http://histvarld.historiska.se/histvarld/draekter/vkrigare/ringbrynja.html
(This site is in Swedish, but the pictures are awesome. It deals with male
Viking garb. It even shows up close detail on all costume pieces and
accessories.)

http://www.vikinginvasion.org/index.html
(This re-enactment group is in Texas, but is not with the SCA. They have
really great pictures, though, of both men and women's garb.)

That is probably enough for now. I don't want this to turn into a book. :)
Let me know if you need anything else on either culture.

YIS,

Cait O'Hara
mka: Sonja Crocker