[Ansteorra] Youth Combat Sword Confusion

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:45:14 PST 2009

My son's weapons are made using the rules in the CPH and have always passed inspection.

EdV

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me> From: deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu> To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:34:42 -0600> Subject: [Ansteorra] Youth Combat Sword Confusion> > I'm greatly confused by these contrary things I found while trying to get information for my boys to start up in the Youth Combat Boffer Division.> > I have the Ansteorra Complete Participant's Handbook - Jan 2008 Revision.> > I also found the http://youth-combat.ansteorra.org site.> > On making swords for the youngest division (age 6-9):> 1) the ACPH says 1/2 inch PVC or rattan. Do not cap the striking end of the PVC.> 2) The Youth Combat website says to use non-reinforced foam rubber or a single golf tube.> > On making swords for the next age up (ages 10-12 -my oldest will get there soon enough):> > 1) The ACPH says (again) to use 1/2 inch PVC or rattan (with possibly some other equivalents). Again do not cap the striking end.> > 2) The Youth Combat website says to use either PVC or two golf tubes nested. Cap *both* ends of the PVC.> > I have not searched for any other discrepancies as these were enough for me.> > Which are the correct rules??> > Estrill> Confused in Mooneschadowe> _______________________________________________> Ansteorra mailing list> Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org