[Ansteorra] Youth Combat Sword Confusion

Alesone Lesley alesone.lesley at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 14:20:59 PST 2009

Always follow the most recent version of the Complete Participant's
Handbook.  Sadly, our Youth Boffer website is indeed out of date.

Anyhow, per the most recent CPH (Jan 2008), the ends should NOT be capped,
but closed with strapping tape (ages 6-9)... OR... the haft end of the PVC
weapon must be capped. The striking end will be closed with strapping tape.
(ages 10-12)

I know it may seem a bit confusing, but if you follow the guidelines in the
CPH, you'll be fine.

Alesone Lesley
Youth Boffer Marshal
Gate's Edge