[Ansteorra] Kingdom A & S

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:30:11 PST 2009

Below are the top twenty artisans from last weekend's competition.  The
letter C indicates that the artisan has been invited to compete at Gulf Wars
as a champion or as an alternate.

Adelaide de Beaumont - C
Aelfwyn Weldoestre
Alix Tiberga - C
Amata Amati d'Arezzo - C
Ameline DuBois - C
Angelique le Wolfe - C
Anne Barrington - C
Bella Donna Scarlatini - C
Czina Angielcyka (2 top 20 entries) - C
Duncan Hepburn - C
Hanna von Dahl - C
Haraldr Bassi
Serafina de Gratia
James Northfolke
Krag von Berghen - C
Milsande de Frayne - C
Oksana Ganeharova
Sosha Lyons O'Rourke
Tadhg macAedain uiConchabhair

Their Majesties named Adelaide de Beaumont as their Kingdom Artisan.
Milsande de Frayne and Duncan Hepburn were offered entry into the Order of
the Laurels.

I extend my gratitude to Mistress Katherine Rose Oliver and Mistress
Milisende de Barcelona for the incredible service they did organizing the
competition and the judges and to their scribe, HL Nicola Setaro; to
Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon and HL Cristyana Lambrecht, stewards, for an
outstanding job of organizing the event and display area; to Her Grace
Ebergaris von Zell for an extraordinary sideboard lunch; to Master Geof and
Mistress Rose for the Laurel's Luncheon; to Mistress Marguerite
Dinard, Kingdom A & S Deputy for Gulf Wars, who now serves to see that our
competitors can make the best showing possible at Gulf Wars; Stargate and
friends for hosting the event; to the over 30 Laurels who judged, and most
especially to the 40 artisans who entered.

This is as smooth a K A&S as I can recall.  Yet, there is always room to
improve.  The comments of those in attendance are most welcome.

ihon vinson macfergus, OL
Kingdom Minister of Arts & Sciences

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass . . . it's about learning
how to dance in the rain!"