[Ansteorra] Volunteering at Gulf Wars

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:24:03 PST 2009

>From Sir Wulfhere of Meredies:
Unto Their Most August Majesties – Gunthar & Elizabeth,   Comes greetings from your most humble servant Syr Wulfhere von Mannteuffel, Deputy Watch Commander for Gulf Wars XVIII.   Majesties, I would beg a boon of the Kingdom of Ansteorra, that will benefit all those subjects of the Knowne Worlde in attendance at Gulf Wars this Spring.  I would ask that each Order of Peerage from the Kingdom of Ansteorra support the Watch by staffing one six hour shift with a Watch Commander, Desk Serjaent, Gate Personnel & a Roving Patrol.  This would require approximately eight people per shift, twenty four in all for the day.  Many of your Peers indeed have personal households who could more than staff a single shift.  This is a great way to show case that “Service” is truly a part of our obligation to the Society as well as Kingdom and each Peer’s Household.   I would ask you to reach out to the various orders with in your kingdom or if it would please you more, to grant me permission to contact those orders directly.     Martin J. Hickey
Queenannsrevenge2002 at yahoo.com

If you are going to Gulf Wars We would ask that you volunteer your services for at least
one shift for whatever needs to be done. People are needed not just for Security but
for Gate, Chiurgeon, Coordination, Volunteer Services, etc.... Remember, privy duty earns
double volunteer points.

Last year we both volunteered and we plan on doing it again this year. That's right the
King and Queen will find time to work a shift so we don't think anyone can say they don't
have time to help out. There are many people in Ansteorra who work over 100 hours of
volunteer time. They work during their vacations so we can enjoy ours.

Please volunteer, many hands make light work.

Yours,

Gunthar and Elizabeth
King and Queen