[Ansteorra] easy clothes for Gulf War

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 23:03:04 PST 2009

Your Grace,

The garments you speak of can be found in different times and places... following are links I found to help explain some of what you speak.

Roman versions of Peplos, Tunic, Tunica can be found of this page under the different gender links
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/radical_romans/costume.htm

Early Saxon versions...
http://mahan.wonkwang.ac.kr/link/med/england/anglo-saxon/culture/dress.html

"Celtic" versions...
http://www.gallica.co.uk/celts/clothing2.htm

The Finnish version of the peplos here:
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/FTP_Files/Ancient_Finnish_Costumes.PDF

Coptic Tunic here:
http://housebarra.com/EP/ep01/07coptic.html

Maybe a tour of the Early period area might be in order...
they at one time had a "tour"... don't know if they still do.

with regard,

Lorraine DeerSlayer,
OP, CB, etc.