[Ansteorra] Sad Kingdom Law Change

faolon at sallegarnes.com faolon at sallegarnes.com
Sat Feb 14 09:21:49 PST 2009

I find this whole conversation rather interesting and although I will
never slight a person bearing water. I never had contaminated water until
the office was created. That being said. I can now once again set up my
own table of snacks and store bought bottled water for anyone to partake
in as desired. An act I have been reluctant to do since the office was
created as I was "playing in someones back yard" or "stepping on toes".
The SCA I grew up in was one of friendship and family. This has not been
the case in some time as required paperwork has sucked some of the fun out
of it. Some would ask if I was truly caring why I did not officially
become a waterbearer. In truth, it was principle that I stood on. My lady
and I did this out of the kindness of our hearts and not because we were
"supposed to". To answer someones question would I drink water from an
unknown source I can only answer yes, if I was in a condition that I could
not get to my own water I'm pretty sure I'd drink just about anything. I
do not state this to downplay water bearers for they are truly appreciated
and all are deserving of our gratitude. They are saints as saints seek to
help others who might not think to help themselves. I hope that many
people will carry on this tradition as it was done a little over 10 years
ago when there was no office. I don't remember when it became an office
exactly but it was very recent in our history.

Ld Faolon Muirchu