[Ansteorra] Student chapter?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 14:37:02 PST 2009

Giertrud,

While others have been concentrating on talking about how to start a
group, that is a long term objective. I do have this file with more
comments on starting a group in the SCA-INC section of the Florilegium:
new-groups-msg    (17K)  6/11/05    Procedures and advice on starting
new SCA
                                        groups.

But I think you might be better served in the short term, and it
could lead to the formation of an official SCA group, to find or
create a household in Seguin. Such a group doesn't have all the
official paperwork and officer requirements but still it gives you
folks with a common interest to work and party with. And you can ease
the trips to the other official groups and events by carpooling.

This file has some of the pros and cons to households.
households-msg    (34K)  2/ 5/08    Comments on households in the SCA.

As far as locating other students with similar interests or for
recruiting folks for an incipient or regular group, perhaps these
files might be of use:
recruiting-art    (16K)  7/13/02    "On the Recruiting and Retention
of New
                                         Members" by Lady Meliora
Leuedai de
                                         Ardescote.
recruitment-msg   (48K)  6/11/05    Recruitment ideas. bringing in
new members.

Stefan

On Feb 17, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Giertrud Gyldenstierne wrote:

> I plan on attending Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, TX.  The
> meetings
> of the local shire are, unfortunately, rather far away.
>
> I was doing some reading and noted some "student chapters" are around.
>
> Several of the students there DO attend the Renaissance Fair and I
> am sure
> there would be some interest in the group.
>
> Does anyone know about who I would contact or such about starting
> such a
> group when I arrive?
>
> YIS,
>
> Giertrud Gyldenstierne