[Ansteorra] Dark Star Tavern(not-aspect)

Robert Brown texas_roberttash at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 21:37:56 PST 2009

I think the main thing is the difference between Important and pertinent. i.e.

Important -
 "The new Bod Decision effecting the growing of vegetables by norse personas is...."

   This is a communication in which clear speech is not only appropriate, but necessary.  No one in authority, acting with that authority, should use anything but.

Pertinent -
  "I pray thee, does any gentle know if at the upcoming event, Swedish Soilworks, there wilt be a topiary class.  I wouldst learn of the Finlandian Ficus."

While both deal with similar<?> subject matter each was approached in a matter which was not inappropriate.  Plus, if Baronies and groups are to be allowed to do "persona" letters to talk up their events, I don't see how we can say that Ansteorra's own citizenry, as noble cousins to the rulers of the same baronies in fief as well as cousins however distant to their Majesties (we all are gentry after all) can be denied that same right.  This should never be a "chat room" and I applaud the creation of the Tavern Group for those who wish to delve DEEEEP into this adventure, however I don't think we should be quite so ready to consign all non-intrusive use of persona speak to another digital realm.

By the way a big thank you to Pooky for getting us all thinking about how we play the game, develop our personas, and exist between our separate "lives".

Gorm