[Ansteorra] Coronation of Jonathan I

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 19:20:56 PDT 2009

I do believe write-ups of the first Ansteorran crown tournament (in Bryn
Gwlad), King Jonathan I's coronation (in Elfsea) and Queen Willow I's
coronation (in the Stargate) were included in a site packet presented at the
Ansteorran Tenth Year celebration in A.S. XXIV. This was King Patrick I's
and Queen Julia I's coronation, and in honor of the anniversary, that
coronation was also held in the then-shire of Elfsea. If I'm not mistaken, I
still have my copy of that packet, but I would have no idea where to begin
looking. My archiving skills leave FAR too much to be desired.

Unfortunately, I also cannot remember any by-lines, but I hope that my vague
memories might provide something of a lead...

Pax et bonum,
DT+LF
Detlef von Marburg
Tir Medoin, Ansteorra

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Robert Fitzmorgan <fitzmorgan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings Ansteorra
>
>   From time to time I will post links to article about our history.  This
> is a link to an article on the Ansteorran History Wiki describing the final
> Principality Court and first Kingdom Court.
>
> Coronation of Jonathan
> I<
> http://historian.ansteorra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Coronation_of_Jonathan_I
> >

>  This is paraphrased form an article in the August A.S. XIV BlackStar.  It
> does not say who wrote the original article.  If anyone knows please let me
> know and I will see if I can get permission to post the original, rather
> than a paraphrase of it.
>
>  Cam anyone tell me more information about The Silver Chalice of Chivalry?
>
> Robert Fitzmorgan
>
> --
> It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because
> we
> do not dare that they are difficult.
> Seneca
>
> Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
> AIM: fitzmorgan
> Yahoo! ID:   robert_fitzmorgan

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11