[Ansteorra] Veiling

Steve Scott (Dietrich) dietrich.strobelbart at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 10:24:15 PDT 2009

I have to disagree on this one.  As a life-long Episcopalian who was raised by an Episcopal priest, I have had extensive exposure to Episcopal Church history.  The Anglican church is a world wide organization, of which the Episcopal Church of the United States is still a subsidiary.

There was some consternation among the world-wide Anglican community some years back when the Episcopal Church ordained a gay male bishop.  Some of the Episcopal churches in this country revolted and are now, I suppose, part of the Anglican Church directly, though I believe those issues have yet to be fully resolved.

The Anglican Church is the descendant of the Church of England, which was started by King Henry VIII, ostensibly because he didn't like what the Catholic Church had to say when he wanted to divorce his first wife.  Ironically, the Episcopal Church still frowns on divorce and it takes a special dispensation from the bishop to get remarried in the Episcopal Church after having been divorced.

Episcopal services can range from a very "high church" service, complete with full choir, communion, torches and incense, to a very informal, "low-church" service with no communion and no hymns at all.  Episcopal Church buildings also range from massive edifices to a small store-front in a shopping center.  You can find the complete range of services and buildings within the Stargate area alone.

In Service,

Dietrich Strobelbart

 Steve Scott
281-731-7726 Cell