[Ansteorra] Original Scrolls

Traci traci at crimsonvision.net
Tue Nov 10 06:27:37 PST 2009

I'd like to make one suggestion to the below situation Robin mentions.

If you put in someone for an award recommendation & wish to make them a
scroll, please make sure to notate that in your recommendation.  Something
to the effect of "Should Your Majesties see fit to grant this award I would
be most honored to provide you with an original scroll for this award.
Please let me know if this is your wish."  Make sure they have current
contact information for you where you can be reached quickly; let them come
to you, not vice versa.

Please don't assume that since you put an award rec in that the person is
definitely going to get the award and spend countless hours on an original
scroll to 'surprise' Their Majesties with.  It creates an uncomfortable
situation for everyone involved should Their Majesties have decided not to
give that award.

I'm sure there have been instances like Robin described where the Crown
changed their minds due to the original presented to them but I'd be willing
to bet that there were more times where the original went to waste.

Just trying to be helpful!