[Ansteorra] Sable Shield Award Question...

Traci traci at crimsonvision.net
Wed Oct 7 17:26:20 PDT 2009

Hello Rose,

Here is the announcement that was made when the award was created:

*From the BlackStar comes a proclamation from Their Majesties: The Charter
for the Award of the Sable Shield of Ansteorra *

*"By Edict this Day *

*Is/Are bestowed the award of the Sable Shield of Ansteorra. For service and
defense of our populace and kingdom, in foreign lands and at great risk to
their own life and limb. We thank for your sacrifice. This non-armigerous
award is given on the 1st day of May being Anno Societatis XXXVIII, Anno
Domini 2004"*

The 'non-armigerous' part means that it carries no award, grant, or patent
of arms and is not recorded in the OP which is why you can't find anyone
with it.

As far as I know the Sable Shield was created by Their Graces Conal & Miguel
and was only otherwise given out in their reign & was not designated for a
specific war/conflict.  I happened to be one of the few that was given it;
it was my first award and because of that along with what it was for it
means a great deal to me.  His Majesty and I wanted to make sure my Brothers
& Sisters of the Armed Forces were likewise recognized no matter when, where
or why they served.

If a herald wants to chime in with more info I would be happy to see it.

HRM Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa

US Army Military Police Veteran