[Ansteorra] Tea for Ansteorran principality award holders

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Oct 20 21:25:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Daniel, you left out one Principality order.  ...
>
> The Order of the Cavalier of the SCA was given to Tivar Moondragon,
> and its symbol was a White Scarf.

Ah, that explains the RoP notation
     White Scarf of Ansteorra, Order o/t
         1979-03-10
         Superceded CSCA
Thanks for clearing that up.

I know there are post-period precedents for "the charter says it,
so I get it, it doesn't matter that it was a mistake".  [1]
I would be gobsmacked if there were no period examples.  Given the
meaning of "Cavalier", I think Tivar should look into suing in royal
court for recognition that he is the 12th knight made from Ansteorra
(if I read the RoP right).

Danielis de Lincolia

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_of_Devon.
They left out "of his body".