[Ansteorra] Special thanks to two very special ladies

robert segrest aumbob at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 10:18:28 PDT 2009

Although I have made my thanks to those who helped to put on Bryn Gwlad's Baronial Flashback last weekend, there are two ladies who I want particularly to thank.  They did not help plan the event, they "merely" showed up.  Their presences, however, added much and I cannot thank them enough.

Mistress Nerak la Tisserande was elevated to the Order of the Laurel in Ansteorra in 1978.  She was last seen with a wild eyed warrior named Starhelm, travelling eastward.  She chose to come to this event from the Shire of Glaedenfeld.  That's Nashville Tennessee.  She shared stories with us throughout the day, and kept the bardic fire burning until the last of us called it a night.  I thank her for her long journey and the small sample of the stories that I was able to hear.

Mistress Aislinn of Lion's Lair did not travel so far in space, but perhaps travelled farther in time.  We have not seen her in recent years, so much so that she said "I doubt anyone but the old farts will remembert me...or my late husband, Sir Riccardo of Pisa".  Although that it is true that we haven't seen them in quite a while, none could forget Sir Riccardo, or the lady who inspired him, and for those of us who did not have the honor of knowing Sir Riccardo in life, we know well his legend, and welcome the presence of his lady.  I know that I was inpired by her presence to put in the little bit extra to try to make this an extraordinary event.

Thank you both, and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Laszlo