[Ansteorra] knights' chains

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 14:33:18 PDT 2009

I have seen Knights give a chain to an unbelted fighter as well. Not to wear of course, but rather to contemplate. I think that most Knights would be gracious enough and thankful for any gift they receive, conventional or otherwise. You might approach it from several directions depending on your relationship with the particular knight.

IE ... Good Sir Knight I was impressed with "insert your words here" and would be honored if you would lend your deeds and history to this piece that I have crafted, and wear it until such time as you see fit to bestow it upon another.
These things take on a life and meaning of their own depending on who wore it when. They can be quite treasured. 10 years from now, that same Knight may speak to the crown on behalf of a good friend of yours, and ask that they be given the chain you made so many years ago.

More To come....

Lochlan