[Ansteorra] honor and an aminal or a maid?

Charlie Cain larkinokane at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 17 12:45:18 PDT 2010

I think that it is your decision to make. You have the wit and intelligence to make it so whichever you make is the correct one.

Larkin
who still prefers the dog for loyalty.
---- "willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com> wrote:

I was looking for an animal for honor because I couldn't find a medieval one. The statement that honor is always a person because animals have no "honor" may be a true one in the medieval mind.
To the church only man knows the difference of  right and wrong and so only man has a soul.
to do the right thing means we know what the "right" is vs. the "wrong" and we choose it solely because it is right.
This puts me at a decision. Should I portray "Honor" as maid  and have her as the only human in me set of Wall hangings or should I pick an animal.
If I would pick  a creature I would pick the Eagle for the story of the Eagle being able to stare into the sun. That mean the Eagle at look at Goodness and not blink. I think someone is honorable does that . They do what is right no matter how much it hurts.
what do you all think?
willow