[Ansteorra] honor and an aminal or a maid?

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Apr 16 22:42:39 PDT 2010

I was looking for an animal for honor because I couldn't find a medieval one. The statement that honor is always a person because animals have no "honor" may be a true one in the medieval mind.
To the church only man knows the difference of  right and wrong and so only man has a soul.
to do the right thing means we know what the "right" is vs. the "wrong" and we choose it solely because it is right.
This puts me at a decision. Should I portray "Honor" as maid  and have her as the only human in me set of Wall hangings or should I pick an animal.
If I would pick  a creature I would pick the Eagle for the story of the Eagle being able to stare into the sun. That mean the Eagle at look at Goodness and not blink. I think someone is honorable does that . They do what is right no matter how much it hurts.
what do you all think?
willow