[Ansteorra] Powdered Ink?

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 14:23:02 PDT 2010

You may also wish to check out the SCA scribal e-mail groups, you can do google archive searches, perhaps: :
Scribes <scribes at castle.org>;  (soon to become:  scribes at antir.sca.org )
and the Scribal group on Yahoo: Scribes_Yahoo <sca_scribes_and_illumination at yahoogroups.com>;
You can view their archives and perhaps find recipies.

Have you checked out the links on the Ansteorran Scribes website: http://scribe.ansteorra.org/
That should be a start in your search and will make you dizzy!  Merchants also listed there.

Other scribal merchants include:
John Neal Books: http://www.johnnealbooks.com/
Paper and Ink Arts: http://www.paperinkarts.com/
Kremer Pigments: http://kremerpigments.com/
Natural Pigments: http://naturalpigments.com/

And SCA scribal merchants:
Ellen of the Scholars (sells at Gulf Wars)
Brother Karl (also at Gulf Wars):
and several great ones at Pennsic, but I can't find merchant lists.

And there are a number of books on the market that have more details as well.

Cheers, Hillary