[Ansteorra] Enders game and Re: honor and animals

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Apr 16 17:14:35 PDT 2010

On Apr 16, 2010, at 6:55 PM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner wrote:
>>> A peculiarity of the wolf is that it cannot turn its head, because
>>> there is no joint in its neck, but must turn its whole body
>>> when it wishes to look behind, thus symbolizing people stiff-
>>> necked and stubborn in sin.
>>
>> Oh? I hadn't noticed this. I'll have to watch my dog (Snowball, the
>> dog that pulls the wagon) and see.
> Is she/he a wolf?  I don't know if it is true of all breeds, but
> seemed to be true for our thick necked ~75% timber/tundra wolf we
> had for fifteen years.

No. American Eskimo. But I thought all dogs were descended from wolves
and that isn't something I think that would have changed. In fact,
since dogs and wolfs do cross-breed and bear fertile offspring, I'm
surprised they would be classed as separate species, since I thought
that that was the definition of a "species".  Hmmm. Something to check
further.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com