[Ansteorra] Enders game and Re: honor and animals

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Apr 16 17:37:18 PDT 2010

> No. American Eskimo. But I thought all dogs were descended from wolves
> and that isn't something I think that would have changed. In fact,
> since dogs and wolfs do cross-breed and bear fertile offspring, I'm
> surprised they would be classed as separate species, since I thought
> that that was the definition of a "species".  Hmmm. Something to check
> further.
>
> Stefan

LOL.  At one point in time OK made the distinction 100 % wolf is a wolf,
99% wolf is a dog.  That's why many wolf/hybrid breeders moved here.
Technically they are the same species though some vets refuse to treat
'wolves'.  We had that happen to our dog when she was injured and we
needed emergency care.  The first vet we went to refused to treat her
and said we needed to go to a vet that had an "exotic" permit.  I
suspect the ability to look behind without turning has more to do with
the musculature of the neck rather than the bones.  I would assume a
bulldog or any other thick necked dog  may have the same issue.  Of
course, this is pure speculation on our part and I don't pretend to know
what the medieval people thought or experienced.  I just know Bryna
exhibited that behavior.

Ismet (and Damon)