[Ansteorra] OT: ISO Appliances

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Mon Aug 16 16:02:08 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 03:51:53PM -0700, Hillary Greenslade wrote:
> You may also want to check out  'Freecycle', it's sorta a recycle service, but
> the exchange items are all free.
>
> You may find a group already setup in your area.   You post if you are seeking
> something and post if you have something.
>
> The exchanges are setup by the 'gifter', so you can be as safe as you want.  All
> exchanges are without any fees, free, gratis.... just a way for folks to unload
> things they no longer want to those who need but can't afford.
>
> You may want to post your list of appliances as individual items, rather than a
> full list; might draw better attention.
>

> http://www.freecycle.org/

I heartily endorse FreeCycle for this use; my lady wife is owner of one
list and moderator of three more, and we see _lots_ of stuff go through
the lists.

However, you may want to check the list policy before you post: many
FreeCycle lists request strongly that you _not_ split_ your "want" or
"have" listings up over multiple posts, but put them in one.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO