[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:15:56 PST 2010

> I know Wiesenfeuer has done that, and they even went one further.  They had
> the membership forms at the gate, and if people wanted to buy a membership
> right then, they could fill out the form, write a check, and the Barony
> would mail it for them.  They got the discount right then.  This was right
> after the OU Medfair, and it brought in a lot of new memberships for the
> area.  I think it's a great idea that all groups should shamelessly steal.
> =)
>
> Baron Donnchadh

I was about to suggest just this, but with a slight difference...
instead of taking a check can we take cash and have the barony write
the check. I only say this because I've seen checks for gate fees
bounce before and you'd be surprised at the kind of people who bounce
checks (it's just as likely to be a long-time dedicated player as
someone to whom it is a first event) and trying to cash a bounced
check often results in a $25 bank fee (don't even get me started on
that particular brand of highway robbery - I hate banks).

I'd hate to see us waiving the NMS for a potential membership only to
have that membership end up costing the corporation at both the lost
NMS and bounced check levels. If someone presents a membership card
you at least know that their payment has cleared. And if they give you
cash, well that's cash in hand, so you know you're good.

~Eve