[Ansteorra] Non-Member Surcharge vs. Member Discount

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Fri Feb 19 10:36:20 PST 2010

Thank you for the factual and informative reply.  I had indeed not
looked too much at the children's rates which do tend to complicate
things more.  Given that NMS also has a quirky set of rules of when it's
applied, I think we'd be better off just listing the separate prices and
be done with it.  Forget about referencing a surcharge or discount to
our customers.  I really don't care what we call it on the backend, but
the only people who need to worry about that are the treasurers who are
writing up the report and sending off the NMS check.  I also think we
should offer memberships at the door, maybe at a separate table and let
people get the discount right then.  It catches people when they are
thinking about it, and it gives them an incentive to do it right then.
Have pre-addressed and stamped envelopes ready to go that the head of
gate just has to drop in the mail.

For example:
Non-member Adults 18+  $15
Member Adults 18+  $10