[Ansteorra] Newbie's perspective on NMS and other things

Danielle Jennings cle0patra.29.85 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:21:46 PST 2010

As a newbie I have felt welcomed from the moment I shyly sidled up to a
fighter practice last August to Kingdom A&S last weekend and not just by
those from my home Barony. Like Alex the NMS never bothered me and $35
dollars for a year long membership seems exceptional reasonable. What has
really made me want to be more involved is the people. The people in this
organization are amazingly friendly and generous. The moment you screw up
the courage to tell some one that you are new or lost they latch on to you
and if they can not help will find five people who can. A small token to
identify newbies might be very helpful. Not a token so large and flashy that
the newbies feel like they have been branded as different and stick out.

At Gothic everyone who was at their very first event was invited to come
forward in court and was given a token. Perhaps this token could be the
indicator and it could change once a year or every reign, and could be worn
to kind of to let people know how long the newbie has been around.

Just a thought. Though some of us are vocal enough that being identified is
not really a problem we just walk up and say "hi I am really really new and
have no idea what is going on".

Pippa