[Ansteorra] First Contact (was Drawing in Members)

Eule eule at ecpi.com
Fri Feb 19 15:06:58 PST 2010

I'm reminded of what my mother asked me the first time I went to the
local SCA fighter practice (Bordermarch) in my first "attempt at
pre-17th c. clothing".

She asked me if I was going to that "funny bar downtown".

I asked her how she knew about that "funny bar downtown" and walked out
the door.

Although I'm sure she thought it was all terribly odd, she still bragged
about my involvement in the SCA to her friends until the day she
died....where, incidently, she was watched over by a dear citizen of
Ansteorra when she took her last breath.

NMS and other drama aside, the reason *I've* done this for so long is
because of the friendships I've made, the incredible knowledge of
history I've absorbed and the incredibly cool things I've been able to
do.  In hindsight, no amount of money was too much to spend for those
experiences.

Eule/Steve
Unus sed Leo