[Ansteorra] Newbie Status

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 22:02:12 PST 2010

----- Original Message ----
From: "willowdewisp at juno.com" <willowdewisp at juno.com>
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Sun, February 21, 2010 9:16:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Newbie Status

>snipped to get to my main point<

It is like people are really uncomfortable about talking to new people. Maybe we need to give classes on what to tell new people. We used to assume that we all were recuiting people and needed to able to tell them things and it was OK to step into that role.
willow de wisp

I think the first question I would need to ask is "what is recruiting?"  Not in terms of what the definition is, but what actions fall into the definition of "recruiting".  Some of us have only heard the term but probably wouldn't recognize it if it hit us in the nose, and so we go blithely on, not knowing that we're supposed to do this thing that we don't know anything about.

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)
Plain ol' herald (and tax man.)
(Yes, I can be THAT naive.  So can others.)